Undergraduate Research Opportunity
for Fall 2011
Climate Science and Solutions
Who should apply?
· Motivated students interested in hands-on experience with climate change research
Students who will be enrolled full-time at NAU through fall 2012
How do I apply?
Students choose one of the six research themes listed below. Then apply on line at:
Climate Change Research Themes:
- How current climate change compares to natural climate variation
- Climate effects on plant growth and diversity
- Soil production and consumption of greenhouse gases
- Management of forest structure: interactions with local & regional climate
- Influence of wildfire variability on forest growth and carbon storage
- Productivity of western forests: effects of changing climate and rising CO2
Earn credit and receive a fellowship while doing climate change research at NAU!
Fellowships are for a Fall-Spring-Summer-Fall program of research and include stipends of $1800 per semester and $3000 during summer to support student research with a faculty mentor. All students will enroll in a one credit hour seminar in climate change science during each academic year semester. Program is open to qualified students from all majors.
E-mail appplications to email@example.com
Application Deadline: April 8, 2011
Funded by NASA and the National Science Foundation